July is coming up fast! Train from anywhere and be surrounded by professionals working to improve their skills and hone their techniques! In the month of July we are offering two UNIQUE training opportunities that will give you real, usable tools and techniques to apply in REAL WORLD situations. Nowhere else will you be able to experience the flexibility and usability of online training, at such an affordable cost!
Coming this July:
Participatory Budgeting: Real Money Real Engagement
In this course, trainers from the Participatory Budgeting Project will engage participants in a mock process, from design to the vote, in order to provide a deeper understanding of PB and how it works as a public participation tool. We’ll explore what it takes to start a process and keep it going, how it aligns with IAP2 Core Values, and what components make it a best practice in public participation.
At the end of this online course, participants will have:
- An understanding of PB and how the process works aligns with the IAP2 Core Values.;
- Practical skills for facilitating PB processes.
- A greater awareness of the challenges of PB, and ways to overcome them
Choosing the Right P2 Tools: Workshops, Surveys, & Tours – Oh, My!
Too often those decisions are based on the practitioner’s experience or comfort with a particular technique, a project lead or decision maker’s new favorite tool, fears about stakeholder influence or conflict, and so on. While there are always demands and constraints on choices, this course offers a more thoughtful and efficient approach to wisely choose tools and techniques to support stakeholder engagement, meet your project and engagement objectives, and account for key variables including schedule, budget, opportunities, and risks.
At the end of this online course, participants will:
- Explore various ways to decide about tools and techniques while understanding their value, limitations, implementation considerations, application, and so on
- Explore equity opportunities and risks tied to tool and technique selection
- Recognize the role of evaluation and real-time adjustments