Do you just know that you need to be at the 2017 IAP2 North American Conference in Denver in September, but your manager still needs convincing? These Top Five Reasons should help:
- No need to re-invent the wheel – learn from others’ experiences both good and bad. Find out about emerging trends and issues. If you come away with one or two good ideas then you have paid for your conference.
- Skill building. There are so many good and effective ways to do public engagement. Find out what they are and bring them back to your workplace.
- Networking. Have you ever wanted to pick up the phone or send an email to people that have similar ideas or concerns as you do? How about trying out an idea before you pay for it? Meet those colleagues at the Conference, people are happy to learn and share together.
- The conference theme is “P2 for the Greater Good”, and what company doesn’t want to be associated with that.
- Good Public Participation = Good Results
Whatever reasons you go with, we hope to see you there. You’ll be in for sessions covering topics running the whole range of the P2 field, as well as “Pathways”: longer “deep-dives” into current P2 affairs, workshops, tours and of course our Core Values Awards Gala.
And remember: there are only a couple of weeks left to get the early-bird rates (another good reason for your manager to make a decision) – US$ 550.00 for members and $700.00 for non-members! As of July 1, those rates go up by $100. We’re also getting a great rate at the host hotel, the Westin Downtown: US $189/night if you book by August 6. See the Conference website for details.
Are you with a company that supplies or supports public participation? The 2017 IAP2 North American Conference is the ideal way to connect with future partners and renew acquaintances with current and past ones.
Sponsorship opportunities are available to suit any size company or organization: have a look at the Sponsorship Application Kit to find out more!