Do you have what it takes to become a Certified Public Participation Professional (CP3)?
Knowing and showing that you provide quality P2 is key in today’s marketplace. Certification is your way to do so. If you have taken the IAP2 Foundations course (formerly the Certificate training), have experience delivering good P2, and are ready to have your work assessed by a panel of your professional peers, then it is time to get certified.
The IAP2 Certification Program is a rigorous assessment of your skills and capabilities. Over the past several years, with help from our worldwide membership the IAP2 USA Certification Task Force has developed 5 Core Competencies. These Core Competencies are used to assess whether you have what it takes to be certified as a CP3.
Why get certified? Certification moves your career forward. With certification, your services and the profession has greater value to clients:
- Gives you an edge over your competition
- Demonstrates to clients and colleagues the value you bring as a Certified Professional
- Builds the credibility and profile of our profession and IAP2 so that clients are more willing to invest in the services
- Validates and documents that you have the skills and abilities to be a Certified Professional
- Validates the efforts you have made in your career to provide value to clients
- Shows that you meet internationally recognized standards
- Demonstrates a willingness to invest in your own development and commitment to the field to reinforce a culture of quality
“P2 is becoming more clearly recognized as a professional industry in the marketplace. Certification raises the level of the profession as a whole, and further distinguishes the individual practitioner as among the most qualified in a competitive industry.”
–Steve Wolf, IAP2 MCP3
Now that you are interested the next steps are:
- Take the IAP2 Foundations 5-Day training
- Read the Information Kit and Frequently Asked Questions
- Apply for the June 1st and 2nd Assessment Center – deadline for application is January 26, 2018
Why now? For a limited time, save over $600. As a commitment to the new Professional Certification Program the IAP2 USA Board has reduced the price for 2018 only. The costs for CP3 certification are:
- $300 CP3 Application
- $450 Case Study Review
- $1,785 Assessment Center
The time is right for you to become a Certified Public Participation Professional.