Being a Public Participation Practitioner is not for the faint of heart. It requires ingenuity, caring, and dedication.
- Ingenuity in how to engage a diversity of stakeholders and the public in complex and sometimes high-stakes and high-emotion projects, plans and/or processes
- Caring in providing a safe and inclusive space where there is an opportunity to hear from and engage ALL voices including stakeholders, the public, decision-makers and the internal team.
- Dedication to your communities, the P2 practice… and the greater good. Upholding the IAP2 Core Values and the Code of Ethics.
It is TIME for you or your organization to SHINE – so apply for:
- The IAP2 USA Core Values Awards. Each year, IAP2 Affiliates around the world celebrate excellence in the profession through the IAP2 Core Values Awards. The awards go to projects and organizations which best demonstrate IAP2’s Core Values and help to raise the bar in the field of public engagement by sharing best practices and inspiring the P2 community to learn from one another. As a friendly competition, the Core Values Awards encourage new approaches and innovative uses of existing ones.
- The IAP2 USA Greater Good Award recognizes excellence achieved by individuals in the field of public participation in the United States. These individuals have been pioneers in the field, and helped shape it to become what it is today.
- The IAP2 USA Greater Good – Emerging Leader Award has been created in recognition of emerging leadership. This award is for people who are under 35 and/or have fewer than five years in the practice and are making a new impact on the public participation profession.
We cannot wait to see what inspiring projects you have been working on, and individuals you have worked with, to create positive change, build trust, and engage your local community in public participation! All applications are due Friday, May 3, 2019.