THE IAP2 CORE VALUES AWARDS:
Time for your work to take a bow!
Good public participation is hardly noticed: it lurks in the shadows, making sure people are reached, voices are heard and input is addressed.
You work hard to make sure of it, so the IAP2 USA Core Values Awards provides the annual opportunity to give you the credit you and your workmates deserve. If you have created, or been part of a team that has brought about a stellar P2 process — one that exemplifies the IAP2 Core Values and stands out for its innovative approach — now is the time to apply!
We’re looking to honor the Organization of the Year and Research Project of the Year; the Project of the Year will be chosen from the winners of the awards for:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Respect for Diversity, Inclusion and Culture and
- General Project Category
But don’t delay! The deadline to submit your application is May 3, 2019 (end of day, Pacific time) and the winners will be honored at the annual Core Values Awards Gala, September 5, 2019 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Download the Applicant’s Kit (with application form) here, check out the winners from past years here, and start making your plans to join us in Charlotte!
Being a Public Participation Practitioner is not for the faint of heart. It requires ingenuity, caring, and dedication.
- Ingenuity in how to engage a diversity of stakeholders and the public in complex and sometimes high-stakes and high-emotion projects, plans and/or processes
- Caring in providing a safe and inclusive space where there is an opportunity to hear from and engage ALL voices including stakeholders, the public, decision-makers and the internal team.
- Dedication to your communities, the P2 practice… and the greater good. Upholding the IAP2 Core Values and the Code of Ethics.
It is TIME for you or your organization to SHINE – so apply for:
- The IAP2 USA Core Values Awards. Each year, IAP2 Affiliates around the world celebrate excellence in the profession through the IAP2 Core Values Awards. The awards go to projects and organizations which best demonstrate IAP2’s Core Values and help to raise the bar in the field of public engagement by sharing best practices and inspiring the P2 community to learn from one another. As a friendly competition, the Core Values Awards encourage new approaches and innovative uses of existing ones.
- The IAP2 USA Greater Good Award recognizes excellence achieved by individuals in the field of public participation in the United States. These individuals have been pioneers in the field, and helped shape it to become what it is today.
- The IAP2 USA Greater Good – Emerging Leader Award has been created in recognition of emerging leadership. This award is for people who are under 35 and/or have fewer than five years in the practice and are making a new impact on the public participation profession.
We cannot wait to see what inspiring projects you have been working on, and individuals you have worked with, to create positive change, build trust, and engage your local community in public participation! All applications are due Friday, May 3, 2019.
IAP2 Core Values Awards IAP2 Greater Good Awards
THE IAP2 CORE VALUES AWARDS:
On your marks … get set … APPLY!
Have you worked on a P2 project that’s broken new ground, or maybe broken a few rules? Has it been effective in bringing together many voices and ensuring that people’s views are being considered? Did it exemplify the IAP2 Core Values?