IAP2 Canada and IAP2 USA are seeking session proposals for the 7th Annual IAP2 North American Conference to be held September 5-7, 2018 in Victoria, BC, Canada.
This is an opportunity to explore the theme, Growing a Culture of P2, with content focusing on topics that Innovate, Inspire, Include, Influence, and Imagine!
Please review the Call for Session Proposals first as it contains information on what the Program Committee is looking for and tips on what to include in your Session Proposal Application.
The majority of the sessions will be in English, however, we plan to include some bilingual sessions. Please indicate in the application if you would like to make your presentation in French and English (simultaneous interpretation will not be provided).
The deadline to submit a proposal is Monday, February 12, 2018!
By: Violeta Manoukian
Sustainable Resilient Longmont Board Member, and
IN-PACT Group, Founder and CEO
A truly enriching conference! It offered a broad spectrum of topics making it hard at times to choose which sessions to attend. As to be expected in many conferences there was also a broad range in the quality of presentations.
My favorite sessions (in chronological order) were (a) Digital Engagement – a cutting edge session about this fast growing aspect of participation where I learned about the latest developments; (b) An Ancient Solution Reimagined for Modern Times – an evidenced based presentation of DRUMBEAT’s successful approach to drumming as an inherently human community building activity was fun, inspiring and very enjoyable: and (c) Beginning With the Brain in Mind: Overcoming Polarization through Deliberative Process Design – a session offering a clear exposition of how we can transform negative aspects of human nature into critical positive aspects such as empathy and creativity, a much appreciated and timely contribution to the theme of this conference.
It was also my pleasure and honor to contribute to the group crafting of this year’s addition to the ‘IAP2 Conferences Questions Quilt’ by proposing the question “How can we create participatory spaces that nurture goodness, bravery, and collaboration?” I probably will be contemplating it for many months (years?) to come. . .
Schedule-at-a-Glance – Student Scholarship – Become a Conference Sponsor!
Register Today! – Learn More
Do you just know that you need to be at the 2017 IAP2 North American Conference in Denver in September, but your manager still needs convincing? These Top Five Reasons should help:
- No need to re-invent the wheel – learn from others’ experiences both good and bad. Find out about emerging trends and issues. If you come away with one or two good ideas then you have paid for your conference.
- Skill building. There are so many good and effective ways to do public engagement. Find out what they are and bring them back to your workplace.
- Networking. Have you ever wanted to pick up the phone or send an email to people that have similar ideas or concerns as you do? How about trying out an idea before you pay for it? Meet those colleagues at the Conference, people are happy to learn and share together.
- The conference theme is “P2 for the Greater Good”, and what company doesn’t want to be associated with that.
- Good Public Participation = Good Results
You’ve made the decision to go to the Conference, yeah … now what? Just follow these easy steps:
STEP 1: Register for the Conference (if you’re an IAP2 member from outside the USA, contact email@example.com for the registration code)